Positive comments on the documentary photography?
- “Really like the see-through paper and size of the photos. The information on the back works really well.”
- “Great vintage vibe. Love the pastel colours.”
- “Captures the area perfectly.”
Advice and guidance for improving the work (if the student were to have time to re-shoot?
- “The light changes from light to gloomy – could be worked into more. Intentional?”
- Quite grey, but I think that may be the point.”
Comments on the choice and appropriateness of the framing or format presented.
- “Layout really good. Composition balanced! Great how you named each photo! Very classy.”
- Really professional and interesting.”
Actions to be taken…
I believe I will utilise the strengths of the format and layout, by enhancing the book with a quality hardback cover and bind it professionally.
I will also reconsider the light into dark order of the images, I still believe that it should start with light images, however there may be opportunity to edit the dark ones into a more appropriate gradation into the darkest final images.